May 7, 2008

The Tale of the Trouser Leg. Part 1

Over Easter, I bought a pair of mens woollen trousers from the local oppie for $3 (yep $3!), with plan of turning them into a shoulder bag for me. I love the fabric so much I decided I couldn't turn them into a bag, and have been reluctant to cut them up.
Fabric close up.


However, after getting up enough bollocks and many weeks later, I have now turned one of the legs into a cute skirt for 'Little B'.

From this:


Into this:

And a little bit left over to make a small something for me. A small purse maybe.


Hmmm.... I'm now left wondering what to do with the other trouser leg???

3 comments:

Sherrin said...

Looks great Hannah! So when am I going to see the little one wearing this?? We have to catch up soon! :o)

Melanie Gray Augustin said...

Such a cute skirt! I've got a number of clothing pieces sitting around ready to make something with, but so hard to decide what!

Two Peas In a Pod said...

So cute. What a great idea. I might just have to give that a whirl :)