May 27, 2008

If the shoe fits

And my fascination with red grows....


I made these adorably cute little shoes for 'B' after spying a gorgeous pair that Leni & Rose had made. The pattern is super easy and comes from Stardust Shoes.

The shoes look nice and comfy. I lined the sole with micro polar to keep Brooklyn's tooties warm in winter. They look like they're supposed to stay on really well- if you can get them on!
I don't know where I went wrong. I had a tiny seam allowance. So I'm assuming that 'B's' either got wide feet or the elastic is too tight. *hmmm*.
I'll try to make another pair later this week. A bit of pattern jiggling may be in order.

3 comments:

fi said...

they are so cute!i know what you meam about the fit.I added more elestic and made the back piece taller and the top of the foot part alittle larger.hope this makes sence!

Michelle said...

They are fabulous, well done!

Sherrin said...

these are so cute, Hannah!