May 23, 2008

123 meme

" The '123 meme'?" I hear you say. "What's that?"

Well, on my usual morning cruise of blog peeps, I stumbled onto 'The Small Stuff'. Back in April, Bec posted a meme about doing the following:

1. Pick up the nearest book.
2. Open to page 123
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the next three sentences.
5. Tag five people, and acknowledge who tagged you.

I haven't been tagged, and I'm not going to tag 5 people. I just thought the idea looks like a bit of fun, and a change from my sewing posts. So I gave it a go.

I've recently picked up a new found favourite book to re-read, The Clan of the Cave Bear by Jean M. Auel. I don't know where this book has hidden all my life. I love reading and cant believe I haven't stumbled upon this sooner, considering it was first published in 1980.



Anyway, this is the passage the book revealed on page 123:

That must be the trouble, he thought as they walked along a path beside a glinting stream. Either that, or she just isn't intelligent enough to comprehend the language. From his observations, he couldn't believe she lacked intelligence, for all that she was different.

The book is a great read, as is the whole series. Definitely a must read!

Share the literary love! Let me know if you do a '123' post.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

OMG, that is THE best book in the world! I love it and have read the whole series, love love love!

Bec said...

Well I'm a bit late stumbling across this, but you've got me intrigued. I'm going to have to hunt this one down :)
Cheers, Bec