You haven't heard from me for a while, as I have been churning out the 'the dress'. It's now done, finished, worn and it had a great night out!
Pattern: Vogue Patterns V2962
Before I even got off the starting block, I was a little nervous that the pattern may not be the right size. The pattern is date 1957, and I tell you what, people back then must have had the tiniest waists and big busts, as there was no way I was going to fit in the size 10 without some serious modifications.
The halter crossover bit was shortened immensely and widened, the waist piece had a few extra inches added, and under the bust was taken in miles. I didn't add the 6m of lining in the skirt as pattern suggested, but instead opted to make a tulle skirt. Much easier.
Overall, it was a relatively simply gown to make and I think it came out ok. (It's the first piece of clothing I have made for myself in 12 years.)
Thanks mum for helping do the fiddly zip. I might have to invest in a bust. I'm sure it'll help make things sooo much easier for next time.
And just to top the night off, I won 'belle of the ball'. Fancy that!
Beautiful Actress Photo in Elegant Beaded Gown!
14 hours ago